What is Kubernetes ?
Kubernetes (also known as k8s or “kube”) is an open source container orchestration platform that automates many of the manual processes involved in deploying, managing, and scaling containerized applications.
Kubernetes is a powerful container management tool that automates the deployment and management of containers. Kubernetes (k8’s) is the next big wave in cloud computing and it’s easy to see why as businesses migrate their infrastructure and architecture to reflect a cloud-native, data-driven era.
What you can do with Kubernetes ?
Kubernetes allows teams to keep pace with the requirements of modern software development. Without Kubernetes, large teams would have to manually script their own deployment workflows. Containers, combined with an orchestration tool, provide management of machines and services for you — improving the reliability of your application while reducing the amount of time and resources spent on DevOps.
Kubernetes has some great features that allow you to deploy applications faster with scalability in mind:
- Horizontal infrastructure scaling: New servers can be added or removed easily.
- Auto-scaling: Automatically change the number of running containers, based on CPU utilization or other application-provided metrics.
- Manual scaling: Manually scale the number of running containers through a command or the interface.
- Replication controller: The replication controller makes sure your cluster has an equal amount of pods running. If there are too many pods, the replication controller terminates the extra pods. If there are too few, it starts more pods.
- Health checks and self-healing: Kubernetes can check the health of nodes and containers ensuring your application doesn’t run into any failures. Kubernetes also offers self-healing and auto-replacement so you don’t need to worry about if a container or pod fails.
- Traffic routing and load balancing: Traffic routing sends requests to the appropriate containers. Kubernetes also comes with built-in load balancers so you can balance resources in order to respond to outages or periods of high traffic.
- Automated rollouts and rollbacks: Kubernetes handles rollouts for new versions or updates without downtime while monitoring the containers’ health. In case the rollout doesn’t go well, it automatically rolls back.
- Canary Deployments: Canary deployments enable you to test the new deployment in production in parallel with the previous version.
“Before Kubernetes, our infrastructure was so antiquated it was taking us more than six months to deploy a new microservice. Today, a new microservice takes less than five days to deploy. And we’re working on getting it to an hour.” — Box
Do you want Kubernetes help you to release from headache problems during your product development ? – Join our Workshop and have chance to listen to Mr. Bui Trung Kien – Senior Devops Engineer at HomeCredits Vietnam; Dean of Development & Operations Department at Nordic Coder – shares about practical knowledge on how to implement and effective ways to leverage your team’s performances.
Webinar agenda includes:
- History of Kubernetes
- What behind the scenes of Kubernetes
- What Kubernetes can do
- What about Kubernetes certificates path
- What you need to prepare before play with Kubernetes
- Where you should start if you want to play with Kubernetes
- What challenge you will get when you play with Kubernetes
- Demo play with Kubernetes
Who should join this webinar:
Our event is benificial for:
- Application Developers
- Operations Developers
- IT Directors & Managers
- Development Managers
- Site Reliability Engineers
- Teams practicing DevOps
- Users should have a fairly solid grasp of Linux command line essentials as well as Linux networking and service management.
- Understanding what container technology is will help you easier to get benefit from this course.
Đăng ký tham dự:
Sự kiện đã kết thúc, mời bạn tham gia các sự kiện khác của Nordic Coder tại đây.
Bùi Trung Kiên
Senior Devops Engineer
Thầy Kiên hiện đang công tác tại HomeCredit VN với vai trò là Senior Devops Engineer. Thầy có nhiều năm kinh nghiệm làm việc trong các mảng như: Network & System Design, Information Security, Devops,… Với vai trò là một team leader, thầy Kiên đã cùng đội ngũ hoàn thiện rất nhiều dự án lớn nhỏ, từ đó giúp cho thầy có rất nhiều kinh nghiệm “thực chiến” để đưa vào giảng dạy trong khóa học. Thầy Kiên có thế mạnh khi làm việc với kubernetes, linux, private cloud, public cloud (AWS, GCP) và microservice docker, nhờ đó thầy hiểu được các khó khăn cũng như phương pháp để tăng hiệu quả làm việc của lập trình viên và giảm thiểu chi phí vận hành của hệ thống.
Thầy Kiên rất mong muốn chia sẻ những điều tốt nhất tới các bạn học viên cũng như có thể cùng các bạn giải quyết các thách thức trên chặng đường trở thành một Lập trình viên Devops dày dạn